Translate

Visitor Counter

hit counter

Friday, May 22, 2015

Title: The greedy king



Once upon a time there was a king called Midas. He was very greedy. He wanted to have all the gold of the world. One day god Mercury appeared before him and asked “What do you want, my son? The king said, “My lord, please give me such a power, so that I may get as much gold as I wish”. The god granted his prayer. What you touch will become gold. Then he disappeared. Through out the day he gathered a lot of gold. He became very hungry and thirsty. But when he touched food it also turned into gold. He felt sorry. Just when his beloved daughter came running. As soon as she hugged the king she also turned into golden statue. Tears rolled down the cheeks of Middas. He prayed to god for taking back the cursed power. God Mercury looked pity on him and took back the power of golden touch. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages